Carroll is an executive, career and leadership coach who has helped hundreds of professionals in transitioning, relaunching or advancing in their careers. She has a highly successful track record partnering with organizations and individuals to effectively navigate transitions and inspire and support peak performance.
The thread that has run through Carroll’s career is a passion for and interest in career paths and the complex and gratifying relationship that one has with their work. To explore a client’s substantive interests, career coaches will often ask, ‘What section or articles do you go to first when you read the paper?’ For Carroll, the answer has always been ‘The Corner Office’ by Adam Bryant, ‘The Workologist’ by Rob Walker, Sue Shellenbarger’s WSJ articles on work – and even obituaries that tell stories of rich career paths and detours taken.
But Carroll doesn’t take unnecessary detours in her work with clients. She supports them in defining at the outset of the coaching partnership how they need support, then fully focuses on collaborating to achieve that outcome. Combining empathy and objectivity, Carroll relies in part on strong communication and interpersonal skills and great intuition to support forward-moving client relationships. Carroll prides herself on an understated and supportive style that allows the coaching partnership to be about her clients and their needs, goals and focuses.
Prior to founding Carroll Welch Consulting in 2013, Carroll served as a director and career services professional at a NYC area law school. Through this role, she realized that her strongest skills and personal traits were extraordinarily well suited to work that she loves: supporting the needs of professionals in planning and advancing in their careers. This work was also uniquely connected to her earlier career as a practicing employment law attorney at two major law firms, where her focus included the representation of management on employment law issues.
Carroll has served as a board member, mentor and career advisor for Campus Bound Scholars, a nonprofit that provides financial and mentoring support to first generation college students. She divides her time between New York and Las Vegas, NV and offers in person coaching support in both cities, as well as remote support to clients throughout the U.S. and elsewhere.
Caroll’s qualifications include:
- International Coach Federation (ICF) Member
- ICF Certified (PCC)
- Certified Global Career Development Facilitator (GCDF) by Center for Credentialing & Education
- Certified in Management Research Group’s Leadership Effectiveness Analysis -360
- National Career Development Association (NCDA) Member
- Certificate in Facilitating Career Development Training (NCDA)
- Certified in GetFive’s Job Search Methodology Platform
- GetFive Workshop Instructor
- Certificate in Executive and Organizational Coaching from New York University
- iRelaunch (Career Relaunch Organization), Affiliate Coach
- On Ramp Fellowship (Legal Career Relaunch Program), Affiliate Coach
- Forbes Coaches Council Member
- Fordham University School of Law JD Alumni Career Consultant
- Juris Doctor, University of Virginia School of Law
- Bachelor of Arts, Johns Hopkins University